Frankston City Libraries is proud to showcase a huge variety of authors with our popular FrankTALK series. With events encompassing the entire spectrum of genres and subject matter, our in-person and online sessions provide the audience with an opportunity to meet both international and local authors and have all their questions answered.
FrankTALKs can include:
- Book signings
- In conversation
- Book launches
- Q and As
- Presentations and talks
Our different venues mean we can host a more intimate FrankTALK of up to 10 guests, all the way up to a larger scale event with up to 300 audience members. These venues include spaces in Frankston, Carrum Downs and Seaford.
You can watch some of our past FrankTALKs online including events featuring Matthew Reilly, Heather Morris, Kathy Lette, General Sir Peter Cosgrove and many more.
Take a look at our Events page for upcoming FrankTALKs.
Are you keen to launch your book at the library?
Are you an author wanting to present your book at the library? We invite you to apply via the following channels:
Mail: The Coordinator Library Engagement, Frankston City Libraries, 60 Playne Street, Frankston, VIC 3199
Phone: 03 9784 1020
Works may include published books, fiction and non-fiction (all formats).
Criteria for selection:
- An authors’ work is to have an overall aesthetic, literary, entertainment, and/or social value.
- Items of a distinct political nature will be examined by Library Management to determine the authority of the author and the broad appeal of the material.
- In every case, balance will be sought as to representation of various views and opinions.
- Frankston City Libraries reserves the right to refuse any request made if deemed unsuitable. Appeals will not be considered.
Promotion and Event
- Timing of the event will depend on Frankston City Libraries events planning and service operations.
- Any catering requirements remain the full responsibility of the author/artist; however details must be provided with the application. Note: the library does not hold a licence to serve alcohol.
- Any multimedia or other technology requirements will be discussed with the applicant, and provided for where possible.